Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cancer- A Detour in Life

A few days ago we received a newsletter from the The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. Included in the newsletter was a story about a 16 year lymphoma survivor. This man says that he looks at his cancer journey as a detour in life. I needed to read this because sometimes I can worry about my husband's future or more accurately, my future without my wonderful husband. God used this man's story to remind me that HE (God) is in control and HE (God) knows what HE is doing. God is good ALL the time.

"O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave; thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit," Psalm 30: 2-3.

1 comment:

Rebekah Tastet said...

I am sure you thrive on encouraging thoughts like this...God bless you all!