Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When I Say That I Am A Christian....

by Maya Angelou


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin''
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.


When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain..
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.


When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Well said. I pray you are enjoying these days of "sunshine"! lv-nancy

Rebekah Tastet said...

Love those words! Hope you and the family are well! We love you!lzwyh

Nancy M. said...

So glad to see things going on better and better! Praying for you.