Monday, August 24, 2009

Mom Diagnosed with Cancer


About every 6 months my husband has to have a CT scan to see if he is still free of cancer. His next CT will be September 5, 2009. Again we are praying that there will be no evidence of new cancer.

Last week we learned that my Mom has cancer. (The photo with this post is my Mom & Dad who will be married 55 years this fall.) For months now she has not felt well, but we never dreamed that it would be cancer. She will be seeing an oncologist in a day or two. Surgery and chemo are in her near future unfortunately. Please pray for her and our family. It's times like these that we just have to trust that the Lord knows best and believe that God is good all the time. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths," Proverbs 3: 5-6.

9 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I have been praying for you mom since we saw each other. You are such a blessing to her and others.
take care. lv-nancy

Glenda said...

Nancy,
Thanks for praying for my Mom. I enjoyed our chat the other day.
Love,
Glenda

Rebekah Tastet said...

Wow. We will remember your mom in our prayers. We love you all.

Nancy M. said...

continuing praying for your mom...
take care ! lv-nancy

Glenda said...

Thanks Nancy & Rebekah!! She will be having surgery on Friday, Sept. 4th.

Nancy M. said...

I am praying for your mom! Take care my friend. lv-nancy

Nancy M. said...

Hi Glenda!
Continuing praying for your mom and husband and you! I made it to see our son and it was a great blessing!!
(see my blog).......take care my friend. lv-nancy

Nancy M. said...

Glenda,
I am praying right now for the tests
for your husband. What great people you both are! lv-nancy

Nancy M. said...

Glenda,
I am continuing to pray for you and for your hubby and now your sweet mother....I know we dont see each other but you are in my thoughts and prayers..lv-nancy